Countdown

Monday, November 14, 2011

Weekend Recap

We had a long weekend with no work on Friday. It turned out to be a productive weekend though.


Thursday night we had our final party before the wedding. Some friends from Sunday School had us a party. It was so much fun. It was also nice to have the time to get to know some of them a little better. Several of them told me they read my blog. That's kind of scary. On the bright side though, they know what kind of crazy they are dealing with now.


Friday was moving day for me. I have just enough stuff left at home to get me through the week. It was a crazy feeling Friday morning to go get everything and move it. I couldn't help but feel all day like I was totally invading the bachelor pad and taking over poor Randy's space. I told him that he is officially stuck with me because I was NOT moving all that stuff again. Randy acted shocked that my clothes would be organized by color, then by type going from tank tops to turtlenecks. Hello?! Have we met? I think he is learning that the number one thing to know about living with me is that my OCD has no limits.


I really thought the packing and moving would have been much easier and faster since I just moved a year and a half ago. I am convinced that someone else has been living in my house because I found things I don't even recall how I acquired. I had two sets of false eyelashes and the glue. To the person who left those at my house, they are now in the trash. I have never worn false eyelashes because 1) my eyelashes are already so long I have problems with mascara smearing as it is and 2) I'm pretty sure I'd glue my eye shut if I attempted to wear them. I also had an abundance of two other hilarious items that I won't talk about on here because I just learned that people at my new church read this blog and I don't want to make a worse impression than I already have.


On a side note: If you drive by Randy's house, we have not become raging alcoholics. It just so happened that the only place in Brewton with boxes I could use for moving was the liquor store. I don't make any promises about one or both of us becoming an alcoholic though AFTER we are married.


Saturday we went furniture shopping and actually found something we agreed on. Anytime you make a major decision that goes off without a hitch, I count it as a major score. I think Randy is hoping for a couch that will not make me want to go straight to his living room and lay down on and practically die. Every time I go to his house I seriously lay down on the couch and pass out. It's a very romantic relationship we have. After we left the furniture store, we did a little more shopping and finished in time to watch the Alabama game. Roll Tide!


Sunday was a weird day for me. I have gone back and forth about what to share on here but I want this to be a true account of what has gone on during different times in my life so I feel like I have to share the whole, honest thing. I woke up in a good mood and made my way to the bathroom to start getting ready for church. I could not stop thinking about all the changes happening in my life right now: getting married, changing positions at work, moving to a different town, different church.....you get the point. It made me wonder why they only offer lamaze to pregnant women because I was seriously in some need for a deep breathing technique. Several people in our Sunday School class had special prayer for us and they have no idea how much I appreciated that. I really needed to hear that people were praying for us and encouraging us. I haven't said much on here about it, but my family has not been involved with the wedding planning at all and I will take all the support I can get elsewhere. By the time we made it to the worship service, I thought I was going to have to put my head between my knees or something. I was seriously feeling a full blown panic attack coming on. I had all these thoughts rushing through my head. "What if he regrets marrying me? What if I drive him nuts because I'm sure I'm not an easy person to live with? What if he really does negotiate a deal with my brother for me to live with him during the week because he can only stand me for the weekends? What if? What if? What if?" Y'all. I was on full meltdown mode. No joke. I'll tell you how serious it was. I didn't eat lunch. Someone should have checked my pulse. Every insecurity I have surfaced yesterday. I doubt there is anyone else on this earth with more insecurities than I have and I made a mental list of them yesterday. It wasn't pretty. I headed home after church and on the way, God gave me a serious dose of reality. He reminded me of that verse in my window. He knows the plans He has for me. He certainly wouldn't have brought us together and then walk away. God has seriously blessed me with my other half. This week as I face every emotion in the book, I will remember Jeremiah 29:11. I will remember that God knows the plans He has for us and I will trust Him to lead us, protect us and bless us.


5 days!!! 5! It's almost here!

No comments: