Countdown

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I'M BAAAAACK!

I don't even know where to start. I finally have a moment that I am sitting at home alone and I have about a million other things I SHOULD be doing, but I felt like writing tonight. This is the first real length of time I have had alone since the wedding and I spent most of it picking my toes and cleaning out my ears. I have to leave a few things to the imagination you know? Besides, Randy couldn't take the hotness that is me picking my toes.

Let me start with the wedding. It was seriously the best day of my life! I was so blessed to have some wonderful friends go up with me on Friday night and help me prepare for my big day. Annette, Brock, Mary and Becky: You will NEVER know what your support meant to me! I love you guys so much!

Saturday morning I woke up and I was so calm just like I had been all week. Everyone with me kept saying "You're getting married! Why are you so calm?" I had no answer. Of course, having the warped personality that I have, I started to think something was wrong with me for not freaking out. My uncle put it best later on in the day when I said something about that and he told me that it just meant I was doing the right thing and marrying the right man. I think he was exactly right.

Some people think you shouldn't see each other until the wedding, but I wouldn't change the fact that we saw each other before. It was just such a sweet time for us. I know there were other people around and the photographers were there, but for me, it was just us. I felt like we were the only two people on earth right then.

After pictures I went off to the side into hiding. Just as my uncle and I were having the above conversation, my other uncle delivered the bad news that he didn't think my brother was going to make it. It turns out he forgot about the time difference. That calm feeling. Yeah. It left. Fast! He had the drinks, he had the music and he was walking me down the aisle. I spent the next hour stressing over whether he would make it or not. They screached in the parking lot at 2:00 on the nose and came running down the hill to where I was waiting. Our conversation going down the aisle was not sweet and sentimental AT ALL. It was more like me telling him how many ways I'd like to kick his behind or kill him.

When I finally made it to the other end of the aisle all of that didn't matter anymore. I am also pleased to report that I didn't laugh the whole time or cry like a baby. My calm took back over and everything was great.

I have to say another big THANK YOU to my wonderful friend and pastor, Bryan. His mother had a heart attack and quadruple bypass surgery and he still came to the wedding to marry us. Words can't express my grattitude to him.

After the ceremony we had cake and Stephanie and her mother outdid themselves. The cake was awesome! I have heard a hundred compliments on the taste and the look of the cake. It was perfect. Thank you Stephanie!!

I can't wait to share pics from the day. The pics that I have been able to see so far are beautiful. As usual, Jamie did a wonderful job.

I'll be back soon to share some other exciting changes going on. I just wanted to share a few details from the big day!

1 comment:

Jonathan English said...

I am very sad that I couldn't be there. I had wanted to be but life had other idea's for me. I am very pleased you were married and I wish you all the happiness in the world. It saddens me that our family had to act as they did, I am not sure I will ever forgive them. However your happiness is all that matters, if you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask. Love you cuz!