Countdown

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Weekend Update

Our weekend was actually a pretty good one. I spent Friday night decorating a Cars 2 themed birthday cake for a special little guy. I have already decided that I have been the cool aunt. I may be the lazy mom and order our kids' birthday cakes instead of making them. That's a time consuming thing to do!

Saturday morning I got up and went over to Mom's to decorate for the party. Luke and I escaped alone and went to my house to finish up some laundry. He knew we were going out for a special birthday lunch alone and I guess I took too long on the laundry. When we were finally heading out the door he told me, "It took you long enough!"

I asked him where he would like to eat and he told me Pizza Hut. I asked what kind of pizza he wanted and he looked at me like I had a second head growing out of my ear or something. "I don't eat pizza," he said. I asked him why we were going to Pizza Hut then. This was followed by another annoyed look for the stupid adult that he was plagued with the company of. "I like their pasta!" Oh! Of course.

We met Randy at Pizza Hut and had a great lunch with a very well behaved little boy. After we ate, we went over to the cotton gin to see my dad and give Randy a tour. It was so great seeing some of my old co-workers too! I seriously LOVE where I work now, but without a doubt I loved that group of people more than any other group I've ever worked with. I really miss them!

After that, we went home and got ready for the party. He had a great time and scored some pretty cool gifts.


Ben with his daddy and Starla.







The cake. Not my best work, but he was happy and that's all that matters to me!






Some new Cars pajamas from Gran-Gran!







A new Thomas movie and Cars 2 game for DSi from Nunni and Randy.







Sunday was definitely a great day. It is no secret that anything involving staying at home is a great day. We went to church Sunday morning and since there were no services that night, that gave us an entire afternoon to do nothing. Randy did some cleaning and I helped by flipping back and forth between Lifetime and Real Housewives of New Jersey. As much as I loved Teresa and Caroline the last two seasons, I want to slap them both. They are both as classless as you can humanly be. I won't go on a tirade about that, but I will say that they both have some fault in the issues that are going on.

I did finally offer to shred some of the papers for him that he was sifting through, even though it did affect my ability to hear everything that was going on.....ha! Sunday was one of those days that I seriously hated leaving Randy. Those alone moments have been few and far between on weekends that have been full of parties and other stuff. It was nice to spend the day just laughing and talking. I seriously can't wait to marry him. In case you haven't caught on, I really love him! ;-) 25 more days!

No comments: