Countdown

Monday, October 17, 2011

Weekend Recap

I didn't get around to posting about our weekend yesterday. We had two showers over the weekend. Unfortunately the pictures from Saturday night are on Randy's camera and I may not get those on here until a year from next Tuesday. I haven't had that much fun in a long time though. The party was hosted by Randy's friend, Stephanie. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned on here a time or twenty that I just love her to pieces. She's so much fun. It was a perfect party with several couples and it was very laid back. I had met most of the people at this party at the beach in July. We all joked that we just all looked really different with our clothes on, wearing makeup and our hair fixed. I really do hope I get some of those pictures up this week to share with everyone.

On Sunday we had another shower with some of Randy's family. This group was much larger and I'm pretty sure I remember no one's name from that day. I'm terrible with names and I've met so many people lately that I may never learn them all.

(I should go ahead and warn you that I am featuring my man legs again in these photos. I guess wearing a skirt for pictures one time wasn't enough. Let me torture you once more.)



This picture proves what I've been telling Randy all along. He is convinced he is under 6 feet. I am 5'4" and I'm wearing my tallest heels (about 4 or 5 inches) and he is still almost a head taller. I'm going to measure him on the door frame that Dad measures all the grand kids and see how tall he is. HA!

This is us with Randy's mom and sister. I'm so excited that I'm getting a sister-in-law that I get along with. I've been down the bad sister-in-law road before and I'm so glad we get along.





I'm pretty sure this was taken while we were all picking on Randy about opening gifts. He is into this gift thing now. HA!





This was a gift from Randy's cousin and aunt. It was serving dishes, sheets and a box full of goodies like mixing bowls, spatula, dishcloths, spices, flavoring, etc. It was such a neat gift and I just kept pulling stuff out and handing it to Randy...lol. It was a good time to test and see how much stuff he can hold at one time.







I finally let him open one. I think he opened the last half. At least I know what makes him happy. Opening presents...lol.






He is holding a really nice knife set we received. Although, according to him, he received that. He refers to it as his. Of course, with that being kitchen stuff, I will let him claim it. The only thing I do in the kitchen is bake.







It was a great weekend and we received some really nice things. I can't wait to use those Lowe's gift cards when we start the kitchen remodeling! We'll be sure to take before and after pictures to share with everyone on here.

No comments: