Countdown

Friday, October 21, 2011

Happy Birthday Luke!

Seven years ago my heart was touched in a way that words cannot express. I held in my arms for the first time a beautiful baby boy that stole my heart. He was perfection.

I remember rushing to the hospital with Madyson and making it there about 30 minutes before he was born. I took her to the window to see her little brother and I remember sobbing like a baby. She was in love with him at the hospital. I took her everyday to see him and she was mesmerized. He was without a doubt the sweetest baby in the world.

When he came home, Madyson was no longer impressed by him. He was called "it" and "that baby" for the first six months of his life. I remember thinking he was broken or something. He seriously never cried and he was always happy. He was the polar opposite of his big sister who came into this world a firecracker. They are now best friends and their relationship makes me so happy. I hope they always stay as close as they are now.

I can't believe it has been seven years already. Time really does fly by. No matter how old Luke is, he will always be the first little boy I fell head over heels in love with. I hope he always stays the sweet, lovable, sensitive guy he is now.



No comments: